What is Expeditionary Learning (EL) Education?
EL Education offers a different approach to school improvement. We engage our students so that they become self-motivated learners.
Engaged Teaching and Learning
Our model challenges students to think critically and take active roles in their classrooms and communities. This results in higher achievement and greater engagement in school. Our schools give students the academic and character-building skills they need to reach their potential as learners and leaders.
Students in our schools:
- Graduate with the academic knowledge, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving capacity needed to succeed in
college and beyond.
- Hold themselves and their peers to high expectations for quality work, commitment to learning, and character.
- Take leadership roles in their schools and communities.
- Engage their families and communities in their learning by leading family conferences and making formal presentations to expert panels.
- Complete projects that challenge them to do the work of professionals — scientists, historians, mathematicians, writers, and artists.
- Contribute to their communities through meaningful service embedded in the curriculum.
- Benefit from learning in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe, marked by kindness, respect, and responsibility.
- Find joy in learning.